Friday, September 2, 2011

Junior Year

So it is my Junior year of college. A little intimidating, but nonetheless I feel like I jsut may be able to do it. I tried moving in last Sat. but Hurricane Irene was posing a threat to my campus so I figured I would stay home with my mom and nonna while my dad went to his job at the high school to control the flooding. Turns out...I stayed until Monday. My house lost power form around 3 am until 1pm. I was reading HP and all of a sudden the lights went on and relief flooded me. But anyways, my house had a little bit of flooding, but otherwise it was ok. Nonna was a bit tense, but once she had power she was good to go. My mom proved yet again why I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such an awesome mom. I will dedicate a post to her around her birthday. So I decided just to try to leave on Monday. It was fine traveling until I got to Ryders Lane! It took me an hour to get form the Sears shortcut to my Newell! Annoying doesn't begin to describe it. So I go into my Newell and see how cute my roomie decorated things. My stuff was still all packed up so I still had a bit to do. All of my roommates are honestly a blessing. I thank God for finally giving me some peace about this year. This is the big semester where I need a perfect gpa for grad school. I want to be a teacher so bad and I just hope I focus and study hard. I can celebrate later. Living with these girls does not seem to pose a threat of not focusing. I feel like a good person and my faith in God will become stronger because of them. My roomie said that sometimes God comes to you through other people because you are not ready to hear him yet. I believe this. After all, she is the sister I never had. But I digressed...Our newell is so sharp looking! It is a mix of all our personalities and my bed is comfy and I just love coming home to a clean place finally. Compared to last year....I can't even go there. As I am writing I just feel a sense of calming come over me. I rather type that write because my thoughts come fast and my handwriting is crap. My roomie likes to journal so I think I may keep that too because it just feels good to type about my day. I can post at any time and it is for me. I could go off bible quotes or anything. But anyway... my roomie and I are quite a bit alike and I dig it. I just feel like this year I have been blessed and things will go good. Every day this week I have been at CSA and it has been so much fn. I am getting closer with the people and just having a blast. I sort of have a thing for two of the boys but probably nothing will happen. We will call one the director and the other the nurse. I told God that I rather grad school than a love life, but if he so decides to give me both, I am not complaining. This writing thing sorta does help...my rommie is really catching on to something here with this writing stuff. I feel the real me showing through. You know I got asked to go out tonight? Din't wanna. Not because I do not feel pretty enough, but because I saw no point and thought it was so  dumb too. Rather party at a close place than campus hop, being all drunk and cold.  So also with the sorority, I have to make the video and this COB. I am going to knock that COB out fo the park it is ridiculous. I will prove to everyone in that damn sorority why I am the best at what I do and why I deserve more credit than I deserve and did not deserve the crap I got last year. This summer was a bit of a flub, did not lose the weight but did work a lot.I made my money and for some odd reason really wanted to be southern sorority girl. :/ still wish it!  I want to go back to the gym and just get things in shape again. All this rambling makes me want to compose a list:

Goals:

1. get above a 3.8 GPA (I know I can do it, just can't be lazy)
2. lose 45 pounds (sounds intense but I can do 20-30 by Christmas. I want to be beautiful again and even more confident)
3. pray more (become closer to the Lord and live the life he set out for me. I realize I am not perfect. But I am starting to become ok with that. I just want to be perfect in His eyes. )
4. if given to me, have a bit of a love life (i would like to date and be wanted. it would be nice)

So there you have it folks! My personal blog is being shared and I will keep it real. God Bless <3 Night darlings!

No comments:

Post a Comment